May 13, 2010
Ok, so I have not done this recipe but my sister Dawn has and loved it and recommended it, so I'm letting her be a guest submitter :) This recipe can be found at http://breadbaking.about.com/od/yeastbreads/r/1loafbread.htm The pictures were submitted by my sister of the bread she made from this recipe.
This is the easiest one-loaf yeast bread you will ever bake. The Super Easy Bread for Beginners recipe produces a soft crust and a moist center using the most basic ingredients that can be found in most kitchens.
Prep Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 45 minutes
• 3/4 cup warm water
• 1 package active dry yeast
• 1 tsp salt
• 1-1/2 tbsp sugar
• 1 tbsp vegetable shortening
• 1/2 cup milk
• 3 cups all-purpose flour, approximately
1. In large bowl, add the warm water. Slowly stir in dry yeast. Continue
to stir until yeast is dissolved.
2. Add salt, sugar, shortening, and milk to bowl. Stir.
3. Mix in the first 2 cups of flour.
4. If needed, begin adding more flour, one tablespoon at a time, until the
dough chases the spoon around the bowl.
5. You do not need to use up all the flour called for in this recipe, or you
may need more flour than called for. The amounts vary depending on many
factors, including weather, which is why most bread recipes only give an
approximate amount of flour needed.
6. Turn dough out onto floured board and knead, adding small spoonfuls of flour
as needed, until the dough is soft and smooth, not sticky to the touch.
7. Put dough in buttered bowl, turn dough over so that the top of dough is
greased. Cover and let rise in warm spot for 1 hour.
8. Punch down dough. Turn out onto floured board and knead.
9. Preheat oven at 375 degrees F.
10. Form dough into loaf and set in buttered bread pan. Cover and let rise for
about 30 minutes.
11. Score dough by cutting three slashes across the top with a sharp knife. Put
in oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Turn out bread and let cool on a rack or clean dishtowel.
Ok, sorry it has been awhile since I've been able to upload a recipe, mainly because I've been to busy too cook. So as soon as I can get around to cooking again I will upload more recipes. In the meantime, my dear sister has given me a recipe she has tried so I will upload that for you. :)