Dec 2, 2010

Christmas Rollout Cookies


In the spirit of the holidays I thought I would share my favorite recipe for roll out sugar cookies. I got this recipe from my aunt Rhoda Weldy :)


Roll Out Christmas Sugar Cookies
3 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup margarine or butter (softened)
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
2 cups sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract ( make sure if anyone is allergic to use imitation
instead of pure)

Mix all together and refrigerate until chilled. Divide into thirds and roll out. Cut out desired shapes. Place on greased baking sheet, add sugar sprinkles if so desired, and put them into the oven for 8 - 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

These have great flavor on their own that you don't need frosting but they can be frosted as well. Makes a great way to entertain little ones when they get restless indoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment